Today we’re sharing the audio version of a keynote presentation Ron gave to The Woodbridge Group, a Canadian company and Gemba Academy customer. This episode contains a lot of great information on both motivation and culture, which we’re excited to share with all of you. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- An anecdote from Ron’s travels (3:27)
- A quote from Mr. Masaaki Imai (7:15)
- A sobering statistic (10:41)
- The two main ways of motivating people (12:18)
- The three components of intrinsic motivation (15:19)
- All about Autonomy (15:32)
- All about Mastery (23:50)
- All about Purpose (25:45)
- What a “Why” is (29:02)
- The power of Hoshin Kanri (30:41)
- The definition of culture (31:29)
- Paul Akers and FastCap culture (32:27)
- Some characteristics of a strong culture (35:47)
- An inspirational quote by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr (43:13)
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you motivate others? What works? What doesn’t?