Today’s guest is Dr. Darlene Dumont, the Public Service Program Director for LEI, or Lean Enterprise Institute. Darlene shared some of the projects she’s worked on throughout her impressive career and explained the value of the Lean Transformation Framework in understanding your lean journey. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Darlene’s background (3:39)
- The quote that inspires Darlene (4:52)
- Darlene’s role at LEI (5:55)
- Darlene’s proudest military moment (7:06)
- Where Darlene first learned about lean thinking (9:21)
- About her work on a cost reduction team (11:11)
- The people Darlene and her team worked with (16:06)
- The results of the project (17:12)
- About the Lean Transformation Framework (19:28)
- Why the order doesn’t matter (26:05)
- What “Respect for People” means to Darlene (28:25)
- The best advice Darlene has ever received (31:57)
- Darlene’s personal productivity habit (34:48)
- What has surprised Darlene in the last year (39:16)
- How Darlene recharges and refocuses (41:24)
- What Darlene feels she needs to improve (42:41)
- What’s going on in the lean government realm (44:03)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Lean Transformation Framework Video
- Darlene’s Email
- Flow Task List
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What’s your opinion on the Lean Transformation Framework? How else is it useful?