Today’s episode features a keynote speech, “In Pursuit of Greatness,” delivered by our own Ron Pereira at the TWI Summit in San Antonio, Texas. As you’ll hear, he thoroughly enjoyed the conference and learned a lot about the human side of lean. Ron’s speech contains a lot of great advice on motivating people and creating culture. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- An inspiring anecdote about Team Hoyt (3:19)
- What percentage of American workers are disengaged in their work (7:28)
- About extrinsic motivation (8:57)
- About intrinsic motivation (12:07)
- The autonomy component (13:20)
- The mastery component (17:43)
- The purpose component (20:02)
- About passion (28:08)
- The characteristics of passionate people (32:14)
- Why you should read Richard Sheridan’s book, Joy Inc (35:38)
- About trust (37:26)
- What The Jacobs Model says (38:01)
- About perseverance (41:19)
- A closing quote by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (46:35)
- TWI Summit Presentation Slides
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What are your thoughts on extrinsic and intrinsic motivation? Which works better? In what situations?