Today’s guest is Phil Roether, President Emeritus of AME. Now retired, Phil shared some stories from his impressive career and reflected back on the ups and downs of his lean journey thus far. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Phil’s background (2:37)
- The quote that inspires Phil (5:01)
- Phil’s introduction to continuous improvement (8:47)
- Whether or not Phil had support from senior leadership (10:50)
- The knowledge sources Phil used (14:24)
- A story about Deming (16:08)
- A story about Shingo (17:28)
- A time when one of Phil’s ideas failed (19:20)
- What Phil is most proud of regarding his lean journey (22:38)
- Phil’s advice for the seasoned lean professional (26:26)
- What “Respect for People” means to Phil (28:49)
- The best advice Phil ever received (30:45)
- Phil’s personal productivity habit (31:58)
- What Phil does to recharge and refocus (34:07)
- The knowledge area or skill Phil feels he needs to improve (36:12)
- Phil’s final words of wisdom (40:19)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Phil on LinkedIn
Register for the AME Dallas 2016 International Conference
Join Gemba Academy in Dallas, Texas from October 24th-28th for the 2016 AME International Conference. Use promo code “DallasGemba” to receive 10% off your registration.
Come meet the Gemba Academy team and socialize with other lean enthusiasts at our annual cocktail reception. No sales pitch, we promise! Be sure to RSVP.
For more information, click here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Are you an experienced lean practitioner? If so, what advice would you have for those just starting out?