Today’s guest is Ash Maurya, an entrepreneur and author in the Lean Startup realm. Ash explained how lean applies to entrepreneurship and discussed his books, Running Lean and Scaling Lean. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Ash’s background and how he first learned about continuous improvement (2:09)
- The quotes that inspire Ash (3:47)
- How Ash makes lean principles relevant (4:47)
- How entrepreneurs apply lean thinking (9:27)
- Ash’s take on the phrase “Lean Startup” (13:42)
- About Ash’s two books, Running Lean and Scaling Lean (16:48)
- What “Respect for People” means to Ash (20:08)
- The best advice Ash has ever received (21:20)
- Ash’s personal productivity habit (22:06)
- What has surprised Ash in the last year (23:45)
- How Ash recharges and refocuses (25:31)
- What Ash thinks is next for the Lean Startup movement (26:28)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean Stack
- Scaling Lean on Amazon
- Running Lean on Amazon
We Need Your Feedback
In the spirit of continuous improvement, we’re asking our listeners to fill out a quick survey regarding this podcast. Tell us what you like, what we can do better, etc. To show our appreciation, there’s a special “easter egg” at the end!
Click here to take the survey. We’d love to hear from you!
Register for the AME Dallas 2016 International Conference
Join Gemba Academy in Dallas, Texas from October 24th-28th for the 2016 AME International Conference. Use promo code “DallasGemba” to receive 10% off your registration.
Come meet the Gemba Academy team and socialize with other lean enthusiasts at our annual cocktail reception. No sales pitch, we promise! Be sure to RSVP.
For more information, click here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else can lean be applied in an entrepreneurship setting?