This week’s guest is Kyle House, a lean practitioner with a TWI background. Ron and Kyle explored the Job Breakdown aspect of Job Instruction, specifically how to use the breakdowns and why they’re helpful. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Kyle’s background (3:10)
- The quote that inspires Kyle (5:19)
- About Job Breakdowns (6:33)
- The differences between the tools (9:08)
- How Kyle and his team create Job Breakdowns (11:04)
- How they decide which parts actually advance the work (13:23)
- The number of steps they try to use (15:45)
- Examples of how breakdowns have helped Kyle and his team (20:56)
- What happens to old breakdowns (22:42)
- Kyle’s trick to putting people at ease (25:24)
- What “Respect for People” means to Kyle (27:06)
- The best advice Kyle has ever received (28:07)
- A time when Kyle experienced failure (29:18)
- What Kyle is most proud of (31:00)
- The best book Kyle’s read in the past year (31:40)
- The knowledge or skill area Kyle feels he needs to improve (32:43)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Kyle on LinkedIn
Register for the Upcoming TWI and Kata Summits
Join continuous improvement practitioners from all over in San Diego on February 21-22, 2017 for the annual TWI Summit and KataCon, the Kata Summit.
Register using promo code “Gemba” and receive 10% off!
Click here to learn more.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you use Job Breakdowns? How do they help?