This week’s guest is Paul Hill, a longtime lean thinker with a diverse background. Ron and Paul discussed implementing lean from different angles and the challenges that can arise. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Paul (3:23)
- Paul’s background and how he first learned about continuous improvement (4:12)
- What he’s up to today (5:34)
- The different “hats” he has worn (6:25)
- The corporate role versus the site-based role (9:04)
- What one of these scenarios might look like (10:19)
- How Paul leverages JI, or Job Instruction (13:53)
- About Job Relations and Job Methods (15:53)
- How Paul helps managers create their visions (16:59)
- The “Appreciative Inquiry” process (18:36)
- What “Respect for People” means to Paul (20:29)
- The worst advice Paul has overheard (21:08)
- The best advice Paul has ever received (22:33)
- The advice Paul would give his younger self (23:27)
- Paul’s book recommendations (24:20)
- What Paul is most proud of regarding his lean journey (25:25)
- Paul’s final words of wisdom (26:20)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Paul’s Website
- Paul on LinkedIn
Register for the Upcoming TWI and Kata Summits
Join continuous improvement practitioners from all over in San Diego on February 21-22, 2017 for the annual TWI Summit and KataCon, the Kata Summit.
Register using promo code “Gemba” and receive 10% off!
Click here to learn more.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What’s your take on creating your vision? How do you help others create theirs?