This week’s guest is lean consultant Rick Timlick. Rick shared how he helps organizations with their lean journeys, with a specific emphasis on the human component. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Rick (2:38)
- Rick’s background (3:12)
- The state of lean in the western world (4:19)
- Why lean isn’t as impactful as it could be (6:15)
- Rick’s overall approach to lean (6:59)
- How Rick approaches the human side of lean (8:21)
- Dealing with lean skeptics (10:22)
- Rick’s opinion on “top down” versus “bottom up” structures (11:36)
- Advice for enhancing your lean journey (12:59)
- What Rick would tell his younger self (18:24)
- What “Respect for People” means to Rick (19:29)
- The best advice Rick has ever received (20:33)
- A lesson Rick has learned about recognizing symptoms (22:01)
- What Rick is most proud of regarding lean (23:43)
- The book Rick recommends (24:24)
- The skill or knowledge area Rick wants to improve (25:27)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Rick on LinkedIn
- Redwood Performance Institute
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you deal with “naysayers” or people who don’t believe in the power of lean?