This week’s guest is Chris Norris, a lean practitioner in the auto collision industry. Chris explained how he’s applied lean at several different companies, and what he’s learned over the years. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A quote that inspires Chris (2:15)
- Chris’s background (3:05)
- The need for lean in the collision industry (8:15)
- About the pay system (10:37)
- How Chris explained it (16:12)
- Their lean learning process (20:23)
- How he shared the knowledge (22:12)
- What Chris would do differently (26:05)
- What Chris is doing now (28:16)
- The team’s daily lean habits (30:12)
- What “Respect for People” means to Chris (32:34)
- The best advice Chris has ever received (33:42)
- An experiment that didn’t turn out as expected (34:17)
- What Chris is most proud of (34:51)
- The books Chris recommends (36:44)
- The knowledge area or skill Chris wants to work on (37:29)
- Chris’s final words of wisdom (40:12)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Chris on LinkedIn
- Chris’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What are some good ways to help employees deal with change?