This week’s guest is Debbie McAllister, a lean consultant in the healthcare industry. Debbie and Ron discussed vulnerability, and why it’s so important for leaders to be vulnerable from time to time. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A quote that inspires Debbie (2:33)
- About Debbie’s background (3:55)
- How vulnerability applies to lean (6:15)
- What it means to be vulnerable (7:52)
- Why vulnerable does not necessarily mean weak (9:40)
- An example of a leader being vulnerable (11:18)
- Practical advice for being vulnerable (14:21)
- About being a John C. Maxwell coach (17:25)
- What a Mastermind is (19:55)
- What “Respect for People” means to Debbie (21:20)
- The best advice Debbie has ever received (23:01)
- A project that didn’t go as expected, and what Debbie learned (24:24)
- What Debbie is most proud of (29:26)
- The books Debbie has read recently (30:36)
- The knowledge or skill area Debbie wants to improve (31:27)
- Debbie’s final words of wisdom (32:21)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
- Start with Why
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Describe a time when you displayed vulnerability in a professional setting.