This week’s guest is Katie Anderson, a continuous improvement consultant and coach. Katie and Ron discussed Japanese culture and the versatility of A3 thinking. Katie also shared a “State of the Union” address on lean in the west. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Katie (3:38)
- Katie’s background (6:57)
- What brought Katie to Japan (8:41)
- The lessons Katie learned (10:18)
- About an article Katie wrote (12:01)
- What “intention” means to Katie (16:42)
- Using A3 thinking (19:55)
- Some examples (23:16)
- A “State of the Union” on lean in the west (25:38)
- What “Respect for People’ means to Katie (31:28)
- The best advice Katie has ever received (32:36)
- What Katie is most proud of (34:24)
- Katie’s book recommendations (35:13)
- The knowledge or skill area Katie wants to improve (36:10)
- Katie’s final words of wisdom (38:11)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Katie’s Planet Lean Article
- The Lean Strategy
- Katie’s Website
- Katie’s Bonus Content for GA Podcast Listeners
- Katie on LinkedIn
- Katie on Twitter
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference.
Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you ever used A3 thinking in a personal improvement context? How else can A3 thinking be used?