This week’s guest is Ria Story, author, speaker, coach, and wife of last week’s guest Mack Story. Ria shared her incredibly inspirational background with us, and explained how to be resilient. This episode does mention some serious adult topics. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A brief content advisory (2:06)
- The quote that inspires Ria (4:18)
- What resilience and leadership mean to Ria (5:45)
- Ria’s story (7:49)
- What Ria did (10:50)
- About Ria’s book (13:25)
- Being purpose-driven (17:34)
- Discovering your “Why” (18:33)
- The keys to being resilient (21:47)
- About hope (25:58)
- What “Respect for People” means to Ria (29:46)
- The best advice Ria has ever received (31:23)
- A project that didn’t turn out as expected (32:43)
- What Ria is most proud of (34:19)
- Books Ria has read recently (35:35)
- A knowledge or skill area Ria wants to improve (35:59)
- Final words of wisdom (37:11)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Ria’s Website
- Ria and Mack’s Website
- Ria on LinkedIn
- Ria on Facebook
- Ria on Twitter
- Leadership Gems for Women
- Beyond Bound and Broken
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference. Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
We’re also having our annual AME cocktail party, and this year the location is pretty spectacular. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What does it mean to be resilient?