This week’s guest is Kelly Moore, longtime friend and customer of Gemba Academy. Ron and Kelly discussed problem solving and all the different ways you can approach it, including Toyota Kata, PDCA, and more. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Kelly (3:49)
- Kelly’s background (5:14)
- How Kelly approaches problem solving (7:10)
- The tools Kelly has seen used (8:35)
- Why people fall into the A3 template “trap” (12:34)
- Kelly’s journey with her organization (14:20)
- What’s next for Kelly (22:27)
- Developing coaches (23:25)
- How to set a challenge (24:58)
- How to set a target condition (27:07)
- Advice for being a better problem solver (29:59)
- What “Respect for People” means to Kelly (33:57)
- The best advice Kelly has ever received (35:44)
- An approach that didn’t turn out as expected (37:24)
- Advice Kelly would give her younger self (38:48)
- What Kelly is most proud of as it relates to lean (40:40)
- Kelly’s book recommendations (43:31)
- The knowledge or skill area Kelly feels she needs to improve (47:32)
- Final words of wisdom (49:15)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Kelly on LinkedIn
- Lead With Respect
- Developing Lean Leaders at All Levels
- Operational Excellence in Your Office
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you approach problem solving? What has and hasn’t worked for you?