This week’s guest is Brandon Brown. Brandon provided us with a comprehensive breakdown of both the improvement and coaching katas, in anticipation of our upcoming kata course. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Brandon’s background (5:52)
- The quotes that inspire Brandon (9:18)
- About the Improvement Kata (10:44)
- The challenge timeline (13:53)
- Setting your target condition (18:03)
- The obstacles (23:48)
- Which obstacle to focus on (28:43)
- The five questions (30:39)
- The next step (34:11)
- The second coach’s role (45:27)
- The relationship between kaizen events and kata (52:15)
- Final words of wisdom (57:50)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Name of the Game
- The Talent Code
- Toyota Kata Culture
- Brandon on LinkedIn
- Brandon’s Website
Also be sure to visit Gemba Academy’s Toyota Kata resources at www.gembaacademy.com/kata
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Describe your experience(s) using kata. What has come easily? What has been challenging?