This week’s guest is David Acklin from Hawaiian Airlines. David explained how they improved their interline baggage process, including how they got other airlines involved. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- David’s background (2:05)
- Continuous improvement at Hawaiian Airlines (3:04)
- David’s favorite Deming quote (5:03)
- About interline baggage (6:35)
- What the problem was (9:29)
- How they convinced other airlines to participate (11:30)
- The resistance they experienced (14:58)
- The countermeasures they implemented (19:17)
- Their results (21:41)
- The reaction from Hawaiian Airlines leadership (22:27)
- What David would do differently (23:39)
- What “continuous improvement leadership” means (25:28)
- How David practices continuous improvement at home (26:52)
- Where people struggle (28:05)
- What David is most proud of as it relates to continuous improvement (30:31)
- David’s final words of wisdom (32:10)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- David on LinkedIn
- David’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Describe a time when you had to convince other people to participate in a continuous improvement initiative. How did it go? Was it easy? Difficult?