This week we’re sharing the audio of a presentation given by Captain Brad Brown at the 2017 Lean Municipal Government Forum in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Brad shared how the fire department’s use of A3 thinking has yielded real, powerful results. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- About A3 Thinking (1:51)
- Outcomes vs inputs (4:17)
- What an A3 is (5:50)
- The most common use for A3 Thinking (8:00)
- Why the mindset is what matters (11:11)
- The different A3 formats (13:17)
- Inventory management using solo cups (14:07)
- The fire department’s system (14:53)
- Do’s and don’ts (18:20)
- PDCA and A3 Thinking (21:32)
- Managing using the A3 (22:33)
- Questions not to ask (24:59)
- The emotional impact of data analysis (30:32)
- The team’s mindset (31:42)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean Municipal Government Forum 2017 Videos
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you used/do you use A3 Thinking? Describe your experience(s).