This week’s guest is Dan Whittaker. Dan shared some interesting stories from his time working in Formula 1, and explained what it’s like applying lean in the United Arab Emirates. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Dan’s background (3:05)
- The lean culture at Ferrari (5:45)
- Witnessing the pit crew changeover (6:40)
- What Dan did after Formula 1 (7:52)
- About Strata (8:44)
- The cultural differences (9:32)
- Lean and kaizen at Strata (12:06)
- How Strata uses Gemba Academy (14:23)
- Overcoming resistance (16:59)
- About their version of TPS, “SPS” (18:14)
- Strata’s other initiatives (19:19)
- Switching from a “Push” to a “Pull” system (23:59)
- The benefits they’ve realized (24:57)
- Advice Dan would give his younger self (27:28)
- Where Dan thinks lean is going (28:38)
- The area of lean Dan struggles with (29:41)
- Some good advice Dan has received (32:39)
- The knowledge or skill area Dan wants to improve (33:34)
- Dan’s final words of wisdom (34:23)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Strata on Instagram
- Strata on Twitter
- Dan on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How can implementing lean vary between companies? Between countries?