This week’s guests are Maurene Stock and Katie Melching of Mercy Health Muskegon. They shed some light on the organization’s lean journey, including their approach and how they learned to think scientifically. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Their backgrounds (2:20)
- Their favorite quotes (3:52)
- How they got started (6:44)
- What it looked like (7:55)
- Kaizen events vs. kata (10:36)
- How A3 is similar (15:49)
- Their current approach (19:12)
- Revisiting the overall challenge (24:02)
- The impact of scientific thinking (29:45)
- What they enjoy the most about their approach (37:40)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Katie on LinkedIn
- Maureen on LinkedIn
AME San Diego 2018
Join us in San Diego from October 29th to November 1st for the 2018 International AME Conference. From incredible keynote speakers, to small group discussions, to simply networking with other continuous improvement practitioners, this is truly a powerful conference you won’t want to miss.
Use promo code “Gemba10” for 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Join us for our annual cocktail party at Sally’s Fish House & Bar on Tuesday, October 30th. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What is your current approach to continuous improvement?