This week’s guest is Emiel van Est. Ron and Emiel discussed the vital role that culture plays in continuous improvement, and how methodologies like Toyota Kata can help sustain your success. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- One of Emiel’s favorite quotes (2:00)
- Emiel’s background (2:36)
- How Emiel would define culture (4:03)
- Why it’s so important (5:33)
- His involvement with the kata movement (6:27)
- How culture and kata interact (7:31)
- What a CI culture looks like (11:29)
- What stands out (13:06)
- Elon Musk vs. a Toyota Leader (14:32)
- How we can foster the culture (17:47)
- How long it takes to change (22:40)
- Practical tips (24:47)
- Words of wisdom (25:35)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Emiel on LinkedIn
- The Five Principles of The Toyota Way
- Emiel on Slideshare
- Emiel’s Website
AME San Diego 2018
Join us in San Diego from October 29th to November 1st for the 2018 International AME Conference. From incredible keynote speakers, to small group discussions, to simply networking with other continuous improvement practitioners, this is truly a powerful conference you won’t want to miss.
Use promo code “Gemba10” for 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Join us for our annual cocktail party at Sally’s Fish House & Bar on Tuesday, October 30th. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you view the role of culture in continuous improvement?