This week’s guest is Senior Master Sergeant Greg Butler. Greg shared how he and his team use lean in the U.S. Air Force, some of the barriers to success he’s observed, and countermeasures you can use. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Quotes that inspire Greg (2:20)
- Greg’s background (4:58)
- Lean in the Air Force (8:52)
- What the day-to-day looks like (10:38)
- Barriers to CI success (12:42)
- The solutions (13:53)
- Why things slide backwards (15:37)
- Finding the balance when it comes to metrics (18:17)
- The maintenance styles (20:13)
- The most important component of CI success (22:34)
- How CI has impacted Greg personally (23:47)
- Greg’s advice for service men and women starting out (25:14)
- What Greg is most proud of (27:05)
- Greg’s book recommendations (27:52)
- Greg’s final words of wisdom (31:49)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Greg on LinkedIn
- Lean Thinking
- Leading Change
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What’s the key to making lean efforts last?