This week’s guest is Tyson Ortiz. Tyson’s son was born with a congenital heart condition, and Tyson graciously shared how he used kata and scientific thinking as he and his wife navigated their son’s diagnosis. An MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- A quote about the trajectory of lean that inspires Tyson (2:49)
- Tyson’s background (4:01)
- What Tyson is up to these days (9:18)
- His son’s diagnosis (9:50)
- Their decision to take charge of the situation (14:26)
- The plan once they brought the baby home (18:41)
- How they managed these experiments (22:34)
- Their home monitoring system (25:45)
- How they dealt with their son’s complications (27:19)
- The highlight of Tyson’s kata application (39:37)
- How he’s doing today (46:01)
- Tyson’s final words of wisdom (49:12)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Tyson on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you use lean in your personal life, at home, etc? How so?