This week’s guest is Brent Weichers of The Lighthouse for the Blind, a non-profit that employs people who are blind, DeafBlind, and blind with other disabilities. He explained the inner workings of this unique organization, and how lean factors in. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Two of Brent’s favorite quotes (2:11)
- Brent’s background (3:23)
- About The Lighthouse for the Blind (6:45)
- The type of work their employees do (9:43)
- Training and safety (11:21)
- The initial employee resistance to lean (16:25)
- How they create their own version of a visual workplace (18:34)
- How they use legos (21:117)
- Their “Why?” (24:27)
- What Brent has learned (26:13)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Brent on LinkedIn
- The Lighthouse for the Blind
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else can we utilize lean to help those with disabilities?