This week our guests are Katie Anderson and Karyn Ross. Katie and Karyn explained how they’ve developed their K2C2 initiative, which seeks to build collaborative online communities of practice. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Katie and Karyn (2:39)
- How communities of practice manifested in the past (4:53)
- About K2C2 (5:44)
- What they’ve learned and the best practices they suggest (6:26)
- How many people should connect (9:19)
- Having a good format (10:15)
- The length of each session (11:34)
- Their curriculum (12:54)
- The challenges involved (15:48)
- The difference between online communities and the AME consortia (19:01)
- What has surprised them (23:22)
- What they’ve learned from each other (25:23)
- More about their online community (28:04)
- Their individual projects (31:19)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- K2C2 Eventbrite
- Katie’s Website
- Katie on LinkedIn
- Katie’s Japan Study Trip
- Karyn’s Website
- Karyn on LinkedIn
- Love and Kindness Project Foundation
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you belong to an online community of practice? Describe your experience.