This week we’re sharing a keynote by Mike Rother. Recorded at KataCon5, Mike stresses the value of scientific thinking and Toyota Kata, touching on specific tools like deliberate practice as well. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What Toyota Kata is all about (1:32)
- The research findings (4:01)
- The four basic steps (7:55)
- The power of scientific thinking (9:19)
- The cross exercise (16:45)
- Making the plan (23:06)
- Acquiring this way of thinking (24:15)
- Using deliberate practice (26:10)
- Transforming your culture from a neuroscience perspective (30:36)
- Starter kata (33:01)
- The two errors they see with kata (35:28)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Mike’s Keynote on Youtube
- Our New KataCon5 Course
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you have any experience with Toyota Kata? What are your thoughts?