Today’s guest is Deondra Wardelle, who we met at this year’s KataCon conference in San Diego, California. Deondra is a Corporate Lean Director at MPS, or Multi Packaging Solutions. Ron and Deondra discussed employee engagement, what it looks like, and why it matters. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Deondra (3:23)
- How Deondra first learned about continuous improvement (5:26)
- About Multi Packaging Solutions (7:45)
- How employee engagement plays a role in their lean strategy (9:46)
- What it looks like (11:49)
- How they share best practices (17:05)
- What Deondra would tell her past self (17:50)
- Advice Deondra has for those new to lean (20:01)
- What “Respect for People” means to Deondra (21:35)
- The best advice Deondra has ever received (23:41)
- A project or experiment that didn’t go as planned (25:02)
- What Deondra is most proud of as it relates to lean (29:05)
- A book that Deondra has read recently (30:54)
- The skill or knowledge area Deondra feels she needs to work on (35:27)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Deondra on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you keep your employees and/or coworkers engaged?