This week’s guest is Paul Critchley, a lean consultant with a diverse background. Paul and Ron discussed some of the roadblocks organizations typically experience on their lean journeys, as well as what it means to be “winning” at lean. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Paul (3:19)
- Paul’s background (4:49)
- What lean is and isn’t (9:56)
- The kinds of roadblocks Paul has seen (16:18)
- How to “win” at lean (19:37)
- What “Respect for People” means to Paul (22:28)
- The best advice Paul has ever received (28:37)
- An anecdote about a potential client (30:05)
- What Paul is most proud of as it relates to lean (36:17)
- The books Paul has read recently (36:58)
- The skill or knowledge area Paul feels he needs to improve (39:17)
- Paul’s final words of wisdom (41:31)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Paul’s Website
- Paul on Twitter
- Paul on LinkedIn
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- The Stranger in the Woods by Michael Finkel
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
In your opinion, what does it mean to be “winning” at lean?