Note from Ron: This might be the most significant article I have ever written on this blog. Please read it all the way through as I need your help.
When I think of how brave this person is I’m left feeling a bit unworthy.
I mean I do work hard for my family and try to be a good citizen… but I’ve never purposely put my life on the line in order to protect the freedom of people I don’t even know.
In fact, if I’m being honest, I rarely think of the brave men and women who leave their wives, husbands, and children for months upon months in order to serve.
You see, I’m too busy worrying about stupid ass TV shows like Undercover Boss or whether there will be a new Criminal Minds episode this week or whether that stud offensive lineman will commit to Ohio State over USC.
Yeah, for the most part, I’m about as selfish as they come. That’s the bad news.
The good news is I’ve recognized this flaw and intend to do something about it.
For many Christians, Lent begins tomorrow. Some people use this time as a way to cut down on their sweets intake or to go on some other type of whiz bang diet.
Well, I plan to take a different approach. You see, I’m going on a mission to do whatever I can for the brave men and women protecting our freedom.
Specifically, I’m going to really step up in the way I remember these brave soldiers each and every day. And I am also going to step up financially.
Option 1: Purchase LSS Academy Guide to Lean
And the way I intend to do this is to use 100% of the profits I make from the sale of my LSS Academy Guide to Lean Audio Book for the purchase of care packages that will be sent to the men and women serving our countries in the military.
This promotion, for lack of a better word, starts today and will last until Easter Sunday.
I still need to do some research on which care packages I will buy but probably something like this. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
Option 2: Donate to a Charity
Alternatively, if you would be more comfortable supporting a charity directly, no problem. Here are a few great organizations to choose from (among many):
Option 3: Donate via PayPal
Finally, if you’d like to donate money via PayPal please follow this link. No donation is too small. If all you’re able to offer is $1… that is $1 more than we had!
Will You Help?
So, to wrap this article up, here is how you can help.
- Please keep the men and women of the military in your thoughts and prayers each and every day.
- Please purchase the LSS Academy Guide to Lean Audio Book if you feel it would add value to you. And remember, 100% of the profits from any sale before Easter Sunday will go towards purchasing care packages; or:
- If you’d prefer, please donate directly to a charitable organization such Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund and the Wounded Warrior Project; or:
- If you’d prefer to donate an amount of your choosing to this cause please click here to donate via PayPal (thanks for the idea, Matt).
- If you are a blogger or are on Twitter or are on Facebook or are on LinkedIn or simply have an email account… PLEASE let others know about this project by sharing a link to this article.
Please Share Your Thoughts
I know for a fact that many men and women in the military read this blog. To you, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart.
So, if you are active military would you please leave a comment below, even anonymously, letting us know what you’re doing and how long you’ve been at it?
And if you have served, or know someone that is serving, please feel free to share a few thoughts as well in the comments.
Thanks to all of you that have supported financially, left comments, emailed me, and helped me promote this effort via blog postings, Tweets, etc. including but not necessarily limited to: