Today’s guest is Cheryl Jekiel, Founder of the Lean Leadership Resource Center. Cheryl explained how the concept of ROI, or return on investment, applies to the people-aspect of lean. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Cheryl’s background (3:05)
- The quote that inspires Cheryl (4:31)
- The problems Cheryl sees in continuous improvement implementations (5:02)
- What organizations should be thinking about (9:05)
- How HR drives value in a lean context (12:57)
- A success story (14:55)
- Cheryl’s role in next year’s AME conference (17:58)
- What “Respect for People” means to Cheryl (20:21)
- The best advice Cheryl has ever received (21:08)
- Cheryl’s personal productivity habit (21:46)
- What has surprised Cheryl in the last year (22:34)
- What Cheryl does to recharge and refocus (23:49)
- The skill or knowledge area Cheryl feels she needs to improve (25:35)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- GA 082 | Lean and Human Resources with Cheryl Jekiel
- Improvement ROI
- Lean Leadership Resource Center
Register for the AME Dallas 2016 International Conference
Join Gemba Academy in Dallas, Texas from October 24th-28th for the 2016 AME International Conference. Use promo code “DallasGemba” to receive 10% off your registration.
Come meet the Gemba Academy team and socialize with other lean enthusiasts at our annual cocktail reception. No sales pitch, we promise! Be sure to RSVP.
For more information, click here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
In what other non-financial ways can lean improve an organization?