Today’s guest is Amanda Culver. Amanda has over 10 years of experience with Lean and Six Sigma, especially as it applies to Pharmaceuticals. She shared a lot of valuable insight with us, including her take on why organizations struggle to sustain their continuous improvement efforts. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Amanda’s background and how she first learned about continuous improvement (3:03)
- The quotes that inspire Amanda (5:19)
- Why companies struggle to sustain lean (6:18)
- Advice for those starting out (8:42)
- How to get senior level management on board (12:22)
- What Amanda is most proud of (16:26)
- What “Respect for People” means to Amanda (17:22)
- The best advice Amanda has ever received (18:20)
- Amanda’s personal productivity habit (19:18)
- What has surprised Amanda in the last year (21:20)
- What Amanda does to recharge and refocus (22:42)
- The knowledge area or skill Amanda feels she needs to improve (23:35)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry
- Amanda on LinkedIn
We Need Your Feedback
In the spirit of continuous improvement, we’re asking our listeners to fill out a quick survey regarding this podcast. Tell us what you like, what we can do better, etc. To show our appreciation, there’s a special “easter egg” at the end!
Click here to take the survey. We’d love to hear from you!
Register for the AME Dallas 2016 International Conference
Join Gemba Academy in Dallas, Texas from October 24th-28th for the 2016 AME International Conference. Use promo code “DallasGemba” to receive 10% off your registration.
Come meet the Gemba Academy team and socialize with other lean enthusiasts at our annual cocktail reception. No sales pitch, we promise! Be sure to RSVP.
For more information, click here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What other techniques can ensure that Lean and/or Six Sigma efforts stick?