This week’s guest is Beau Keyte, an author and performance improvement coach with an impressive background. Ron and Beau discussed both editions of The Complete Lean Enterprise, the evolution of Value Stream Mapping, and more. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Beau (3:23)
- Beau’s background (5:01)
- What drove Beau to write the first edition (7:25)
- Why Beau wrote the second edition (10:16)
- About engagement (1205)
- What changes to Value Stream Mapping Beau has observed (14:41)
- What Beau has learned that improves the concepts from a mechanical perspective (1818)
- Examples of socialization (20:38)
- The future of Value Stream Mapping according to Beau (25:14)
- What “Respect for People” means to Beau (28:16)
- The best advice Beau has ever received (30:17)
- A project that failed and what Beau learned (32:06)
- What Beau is most proud of as it relates to lean (33:29)
- A book Beau enjoyed a few years back (34:28)
- The knowledge or skill area Beau feels he needs to improve (35:40)
- Beau’s final words of wisdom (37:09)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Beau on LinkedIn
- The Complete Lean Enterprise: Second Edition
Register for the Upcoming TWI and Kata Summits
Join continuous improvement practitioners from all over in San Diego on February 21-22, 2017 for the annual TWI Summit and KataCon, the Kata Summit.
Register using promo code “Gemba” and receive 10% off!
Click here to learn more.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What is your approach to Value Stream Mapping?