This week’s guests are Tracey and Ernie Richardson. Tracey and Ernie talked about their new book The Toyota Engagement Equation and about their personal lean journeys. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Their backgrounds (5:37)
- Why they wrote The Toyota Engagement Equation (9:17)
- The structure of the book (13:04)
- About the hiring processes at Toyota (15:33)
- The behavioral questions (17:49)
- A story about Ernie and Mr. Cho (20:21)
- What Ernie felt afterwards (22:32)
- A story about Tracey and Mr. Cho (24:38)
- About the book’s title (27:49)
- What they would change (34:32)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Toyota Engagement Equation
- The Toyota Engagement Equation Website
- GA 033 | The Lean CEO with Jacob Stoller
- GA 116 | How to Use Storytelling with Jacob Stoller
- Tracey on Twitter
- Tracey on LinkedIn
- Ernie on LinkedIn
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference. Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
We’re also having our annual AME cocktail party, and this year the location is pretty spectacular. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What else can we learn from Toyota?