This week’s guest is Jess Orr. Ron sat down with Jess at AME Boston to discuss her transition from working at Toyota to taking on a new role at another company. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Jess’s background (3:54)
- The tools Toyota uses (6:05)
- About their A3 process (7:28)
- Why Jess left Toyota (8:10)
- The transition from Toyota to her new job (9:02)
- What did and didn’t work (11:26)
- How Jess started (12:43)
- A hidden aspect of Toyota (16:59)
- The biggest opportunities (18:56)
- What Jess would tell her younger self (20:54)
- Jess’s advice (22:35)
- Book recommendations (23:35)
- What Jess is most proud of as it relates to lean (28:01)
- The things Jess wants to have done a year from now (31:30)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Jess on LinkedIn
- Jess’s Email
- Jess’s Blog Post on Leaving Toyota
- 2 Second Lean
- Everything I Know About Lean I Learned in First Grade
- KaiNexus Podcast
- Creating a Lean Culture
- The Toyota Way
- Toyota Culture
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you implemented Lean and/or Six Sigma at different companies? Describe your experience.