This week’s guest is Stephen Derksen. Ron and Stephen discussed Toyota Kata and learning how to think in a scientific manner. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Stephen’s background (2:44)
- About Barkman Concrete (5:03)
- Lean in Canada (5:39)
- Barkman’s CI journey (7:41)
- What CME is and how they’ve helped (11:16)
- How they discovered Toyota Kata (12:35)
- Their first experiment (16:49)
- The progress they made (19:34)
- The Dreyfus model (21:13)
- Where they are today (23:18)
- How their leadership style has changed (25:40)
- The connection to the backwards bicycle (31:56)
- Some of the lessons he’s learned (34:48)
- Advice he would give his younger self (36:44)
- Who Stephen would shadow (37:58)
- What Stephen is most proud of (39:09)
- Stephen’s final words of wisdom (40:07)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Stephen on LinkedIn
- The Backwards Bicycle
- Barkman Concrete
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you use scientific thinking? How?