This week’s guest is Justin Kenney. Justin, who works for the state of Vermont, explained how he and his team leverage continuous improvement at the government level. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Justin’s background (2:15)
- The quote that inspires Justin (4:28)
- The first six months of their journey (8:12)
- What happened to the original facilitators (15:12)
- What the improvements look like now (15:49)
- How many have been trained (16:55)
- What’s unique about their approach (17:23)
- State involvement (20:30)
- An example of an improvement Justin is proud of (25:02)
- Their work with the DMV (34:15)
- The other challenges they’re facing (38:02)
- Justin’s advice (40:59)
- What Justin would do differently (43:45)
- What Justin is most proud of (45:31)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Justin on LinkedIn
- Vermont’s Approach to CI Presentation
- PIVOT Executive Order
- PIVOT Governor’s Strategic Goals
- PIVOT Results and Plans
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else can Lean and/or Six Sigma be used to improve the government?