This week’s guests are Danny Conroy and Daniel Lichty. Danny and Daniel explained how they use lean in banking, specifically to improve the mortgage process. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Their backgrounds (2:20)
- Their favorite quotes (3:56)
- What lean in a bank looks like (5:58)
- Visual Management (10:15)
- An example (11:47)
- When this started and why (15:24)
- How many steps there are in their Value Stream Map (16:23)
- Some of the benefits (22:14)
- The status quo in the banking world (24:32)
- Other areas of the bank using lean (26:04)
- Getting others to “buy-in” to lean (27:31)
- Who they would shadow (30:38)
- What “Respect for People” means to them (33:09)
- Advice for those new to lean (34:22)
- Final words of wisdom (36:14)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- 1st Source
- Daniel Lichty on LinkedIn
- Danny Conroy on LinkedIn
AME San Diego 2018
Join us in San Diego from October 29th to November 1st for the 2018 International AME Conference. From incredible keynote speakers, to small group discussions, to simply networking with other continuous improvement practitioners, this is truly a powerful conference you won’t want to miss.
Use promo code “Gemba10” for 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else could lean be used in banking, finance, etc?