This week’s guest is Kurt Neubek, an architect who is also one of our Six Sigma Black Belt recipients. Kurt explained how he uses continuous improvement in his line of work. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Kurt’s background (2:21)
- The quotes that inspire Kurt (5:57)
- What problem seeking is (7:10)
- The third and fourth steps (15:10)
- An example of an apparent contradiction (20:29)
- Where Kurt sees lean thinking being used in construction (22:21)
- What “Respect for People” means to Kurt (28:14)
- Where the lean movement is going (31:37)
- Final words of wisdom (34:35)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Kurt on LinkedIn
AME San Diego 2018
Join us in San Diego from October 29th to November 1st for the 2018 International AME Conference. From incredible keynote speakers, to small group discussions, to simply networking with other continuous improvement practitioners, this is truly a powerful conference you won’t want to miss.
Use promo code “Gemba10” for 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How else can Lean and/or Six Sigma be used in these fields?