This week we’re sharing a moving keynote by CEO Kevin Hancock from the 2018 Lean Systems Summit. It’s impossible not to be inspired by Kevin’s refreshing take on lean and it’s true value. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Kevin’s favorite question (1:43)
- The meaning and purpose of work (3:40)
- About trees (5:18)
- The gift Kevin’s disorder has given him (7:05)
- Feeling engaged at work (11:50)
- Why the customer comes second (15:07)
- The importance of metrics (18:56)
- A debunked myth (23:07)
- The themes that separate culture (26:05)
- The seven habits of leadership (27:16)
- Putting the work back in its place (32:31)
- What we should do with the increased capacity (33:07)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Hancock Lumber
AME San Diego 2018
Join us in San Diego from October 29th to November 1st for the 2018 International AME Conference. From incredible keynote speakers, to small group discussions, to simply networking with other continuous improvement practitioners, this is truly a powerful conference you won’t want to miss.
Use promo code “Gemba10” for 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Join us for our annual cocktail party at Sally’s Fish House & Bar on Tuesday, October 30th. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How would you describe the true value of lean?