This week’s guests are Gary Vansuch, Michelle Malloy, and Geneva Hooten of the Colorado Department of Transportation. Together they shared how their Process Improvement program came to be, how it has changed, and some of the challenges they’ve faced. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Their backgrounds (1:29)
- Their journeys with CDOT (3:20)
- Their approach (7:43)
- Facing resistance (9:20)
- Change management (10:46)
- Making it happen (15:42)
- Preparing for new leadership (17:56)
- What makes their approach different (21:18)
- Challenges they’ve faced (26:07)
- Advice for those just starting out (31:30)
- Final thoughts (36:10)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The CDOT Website
- Contact Info
- CDOT Internship Program
- The Transportation Lean Forum
- Public Sector Change Practitioners
AME San Diego 2018
Join us in San Diego from October 29th to November 1st for the 2018 International AME Conference. From incredible keynote speakers, to small group discussions, to simply networking with other continuous improvement practitioners, this is truly a powerful conference you won’t want to miss.
Use promo code “Gemba10” for 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Join us for our annual cocktail party at Sally’s Fish House & Bar on Tuesday, October 30th. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you deal with resistance to lean?