This week’s guest is former Toyota employee Jess Orr. Jess reflected on her time there by sharing their “10 Attitudes” with us, which really capture the overall spirit of Toyota. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Jess’s background (2:53)
- One of her favorite quotes (4:34)
- How she discovered this list (5:38)
- The first attitude (8:27)
- The second attitude (11:20)
- The third attitude (13:43)
- The fourth attitude (18:35)
- The fifth attitude (22:20)
- Why the list uses English and Japanese terminology (25:20)
- The sixth attitude (27:29)
- The seventh attitude (29:52)
- The eighth attitude (33:45)
- The ninth attitude (38:28)
- The tenth attitude (40:32)
- Jess’s final words of wisdom (43:45)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Jess’s Blog
- What the 10 Toyota “Attitudes” Mean to Me
- Jess’s AME Practitioner Presentation
- GA 142 | How to Engage People with Jess Orr
- GA 186 | How to Transition into Different Lean Roles with Jess Orr
AME San Diego 2018
Join us in San Diego from October 29th to November 1st for the 2018 International AME Conference. From incredible keynote speakers, to small group discussions, to simply networking with other continuous improvement practitioners, this is truly a powerful conference you won’t want to miss.
Use promo code “Gemba10” for 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
Join us for our annual cocktail party at Sally’s Fish House & Bar on Tuesday, October 30th. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Which one of the 10 Attitudes resonates with you the most? Why?