This week’s guest is Dr. William Harvey. William and Ron discussed William’s research on Toyota Kata, including his process and what he learned from other lean thinkers. An MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How William first learned about lean (3:14)
- His start in the Marine Corps (4:45)
- A quote from Henry David Thoreau (5:19)
- How William learned to manage the process (6:06)
- William’s research (8:27)
- Karyn Ross’s role (9:07)
- His process (11:21)
- A story about Toyota Kata (12:27)
- Ron’s story about sports and deliberate practice (15:47)
- What William learned from Jess Orr (22:31)
- What surprised William during his research (26:43)
- The Implementation stage (29:51)
- The Execution stage (31:31)
- The Sustainment stage (32:41)
- William’s current and target conditions (40:41)
- His definition of success (41:31)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- GA 102 | Sustaining Your Lean Journey
- William on LinkedIn
- William’s Dissertation Defense
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Do you have a story to share about kata? What has your experience with kata been like thus far?