This week’s guest is our Director of Customer Success, Steve Kane. Ron and Steve talked all about Steve’s coaching journey, including using kata, the power of the right mindset, what it means to be a coach, and more. An MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Steve’s background in medical device manufacturing (3:29)
- His role at Gemba Academy (4:12)
- Why Steve is so passionate about coaching (7:46)
- His realization about kata (10:59)
- How Steve is applying what he learned from his coaching training (23:21)
- The difference between a coach and a consultant (27:25)
- The difference between a coach and a mentor (28:45)
- Whether or not a combination of the roles is possible (31:17)
- How Steve knows if he’s being successful as a coach (37:15)
- Steve’s final words of wisdom (40:01)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Coach U
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What does it really mean to be a coach?