This week’s guest is Mike Thelen. Ron and Mike explored all things standardized work, including the components, how often it should be improved, and more. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Mike (1:53)
- Mike’s background (3:32)
- His thoughts on standardized work (7:16)
- The definition of standardized work (10:35)
- TWI vs. standardized work (11:33)
- Misconceptions about takt time (15:52)
- The components of standardized work (21:24)
- How often we should improve standardized work (27:42)
- The importance of remembering the foundation of lean (30:58)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Mike’s Article for iSixSigma
- Mike on LinkedIn
- GA 012 | Fostering a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- GA School of Lean Standard Work Course
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How often should standardized work be refreshed? Why?