This week’s guest is Brent Weichers of The Lighthouse for the Blind. Ron and Brent discussed the various approaches to training leaders, including the different hard and soft skills involved. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Brent’s background (5:17)
- About the different training approaches (6:56)
- What happens when you don’t differentiate (9:48)
- Some of the specific things they teach leaders (11:41)
- Some practical tips for brainstorming (14:11)
- How he leverages value stream mapping and process mapping (18:02)
- The hard skills (21:05)
- The formalized version of this approach (26:05)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Brent on LinkedIn
- Gemba Academy Live! at The Lighthouse for the Blind
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How would you approach training a manager versus a frontline employee?