This week’s guest is Hal Macomber. Ron and Hal discussed the lean construction movement, the Last Planner System, and more. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Hal (2:43)
- Hal’s background (5:29)
- How lean was introduced to construction (9:51)
- The Last Planner System (13:57)
- Some of the key lean tenets (15:30)
- About Gemba Academy’s new building (19:55)
- The role of Respect for People (23:29)
- Who is driving the change (30:04)
- The improvement to safety (31:48)
- Some of the challenges they’re facing (35:14)
- The future and kaizen (40:37)
- Advice for those interested in lean construction (48:23)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Lean Construction Institute
- This Is Lean
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Are you familiar with lean construction? What applications resonate with you the most?