This week’s guest is Tracy Defoe. Ron and Tracy discussed why people practice Toyota Kata and continuous improvement in secret, and why it’s problematic. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Tracy (3:46)
- Tracy’s background (5:27)
- About practicing kata in secret (9:28)
- The root cause (16:24)
- The role of compassion (20:25)
- The way to learn kata (23:02)
- The pride and ego in continuous improvement (26:06)
- The DIY side (28:22)
- About the kata dojo (30:03)
- Tracy’s advice on participating (35:54)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Learning Factor/Kata Geek
- Tracy on Twitter
- Tracy on LinkedIn
- Gemba Academy Toyota Kata Resources
- Practice Perfect
- Kata Dojo
- Kata Europe
- KataCon Europe
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you ever been in a situation where you had to practice continuous improvement in secret, or without managerial support?