Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Dr. Sami Bahri, aka the “The Lean Dentist.” Known for incorporating lean into his dentistry practice, Dr. Bahri is also an author and professional speaker. Dr. Bahri and I discuss his first introduction to continuous improvement, what his staff think about lean, and overall what makes his practice different from that of a traditional dentist’s.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
UPDATED: Visit Us at the 2016 AME Conference & Save 10% on Registration!
If you plan to attend the upcoming AME conference October 24-28 be sure to stop by the Gemba Academy booth to say hello.
While I’m definitely biased I think you’ll find we give away some of the coolest “swag” at the conference!
We also plan to host an after hours “networking” event with free food and drinks! RSVP here.
Finally, if you haven’t registered for the conference and plan to be sure to use the coupon code DallasGemba in order to save 10%.
AME is definitely our favorite conference to attend so we hope to see you there!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Dr. Bahri (4:40)
- How Dr. Bahri was first introduced to continuous improvement (6:05)
- What Dr. Bahri’s staff thought about lean initially (16:59)
- An example of lean dentistry in action (21:15)
- What makes Dr. Bahri’s practice different (22:06)
- Advice for dentists interested in implementing lean (29:31)
- All about Dr. Bahri’s book, Follow the Learner (31:38)
- What “Respect for People” means to Dr. Bahri (35:34)
- The best advice Dr. Bahri has ever received (40:36)
- Dr. Bahri’s personal productivity habit (43:48)
- The skill Dr. Bahri feels he needs to improve (47:13)
- Dr. Bahri’s final practical words (48:46)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Follow the Learner
- Dr. Bahri’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
In what other ways could dentistry be lean?