This week’s guest is Steve Kane, our Director of Customer Success. Steve recently participated in a Tough Mudder challenge and learned some lessons that have great applications to lean. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What a Tough Mudder is (4:14)
- How Steve got through it (7:34)
- The first lesson: Just Do It (8:59)
- The second lesson: Focus (9:50)
- The third lesson: Pace Yourself and Keep Going (12:48)
- The fourth lesson: Hydrate and Nourish Along the Way (14:28)
- The fifth lesson: Core Strength is Crucial (15:57)
- The sixth lesson: Be Humble (17:50)
- The seventh lesson: Servant Leadership (21:59)
- The eighth lesson:Keep Your Eye on the Horizon (23:06)
- The ninth lesson: Commit to Overcoming the Challenge (26:32)
- The tenth lesson: Yes it Hurts, Enjoy the Experience Anyway (30:31)
- About motivation (34:14)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Steve’s Blog Post
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Have you ever participated in a Tough Mudder or something similar? How did the experience relate to lean?