This week’s guest is Mike Brett, a lean thinker from the UK. Ron and Mike talked about the diversity of Mike’s company, their journey with Hoshin Kanri, and a special lean card game that Mike created. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Mike (3:26)
- Mike’s background and how he learned about continuous improvement (4:49)
- About the diverse nature of Mike’s organization (9:27)
- How culture plays a role in Job Instruction (14:07)
- Mike’s lean card game (17:18)
- How Mike and his company use Hoshin Kanri (23:55)
- What “Respect for People” means to Mike (28:04)
- The best advice Mike has ever received (30:46)
- Gauging what is right (31:50)
- An experiment or project that failed (32:30)
- What Mike is most proud of as it relates to lean (35:08)
- What Mike is reading (35:48)
- The knowledge area or skill Mike feels he needs to improve (36:58)
- Mike’s final words of wisdom (37:55)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Lean Card Game
- Mike on LinkedIn
Register for the Upcoming TWI and Kata Summits
Join continuous improvement practitioners from all over in San Diego on February 21-22, 2017 for the annual TWI Summit and KataCon, the Kata Summit.
Register using promo code “Gemba” and receive 10% off!
Click here to learn more.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Is your company multilingual? What opportunities and challenges are there?