This week’s guest is Amir Ghannad, author and leadership specialist. Amir talked about his book, The Transformative Leader, and explained the differences between change and transformation. An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Amir (4:49)
- Amir’s background (5:33)
- About The Transformative Leader (7:24)
- The countermeasures (8:37)
- The difference between change and transformation (10:05)
- Examples of this (10:58)
- Amir’s personal journey as a leader (13:13)
- The definition of leadership (15:36)
- Energizing others (17:02)
- Traits of a transformative leader (18:28)
- What Amir’s statement means (20:53)
- How Amir organized his book (22:44)
- What “Respect for People” means to Amir (24:55)
- The best advice Amir has ever received (26:30)
- What Amir is most proud of (27:29)
- Books Amir recommends (28:35)
- The knowledge or skill area Amir wants to improve (29:27)
- Amir’s final words of wisdom (32:17)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Amir’s Website
- The Transformative Leader
- The Servant
Join Us at AME Boston
The 2017 International AME Conference is taking place in Boston from October 9th to the 13th. Come meet the Gemba Academy team and experience the world’s largest lean and continuous improvement conference. Use promo code Gemba10 to receive 10% off your registration. Learn more here.
We’re also having our annual AME cocktail party, and this year the location is pretty spectacular. RSVP here.
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What are your thoughts on transformative leadership?