Press the play button above to listen to the episode. If you’re reading this via email or RSS click the image below to listen to the episode.
Today’s guest is Jamie Parker, one of my all-time favorite lean thinkers. Jamie is a District Manager for FedEx Office and her and her team are doing incredible work over there. I think you’ll find our conversation provides an interesting look into what continuous improvement is like at such a large, influential organization.
An MP3 version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Jamie’s background at FedEx Office (2:50)
- How Jamie first discovered lean (3:22)
- The quote that most inspires Jamie and what it means to her (4:40)
- A detailed account of Jamie’s lean journey (6:29)
- Jamie’s vision of an ideal lean culture at FedEx Office (8:24)
- What this cultural change entails (10:17)
- What Jamie and her team have learned (11:55)
- Their biggest failure so far (16:55)
- Jamie’s biggest accomplishment of 2014 (18:36)
- What “Respect for People” means to Jamie (20:14)
- The best advice Jamie has ever received (22:35)
- Jamie’s personal productivity habit (24:40)
- Jamie’s final words of wisdom (29:48)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Creating a Kaizen Culture: Align the Organization, Achieve Breakthrough Results, and Sustain the Gains
- Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversions, Third Edition
- Jamie’s LinkedIn Profile
- Jamie’s Email
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Can you relate to FedEx Office’s lean journey? How so?